ANC 4B Regular Public Meeting - Monday, 11/22/21, 7:00 pm, Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Please see the embedded and attached agenda for the next regular public meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B on Monday, November 22, 2021, beginning at 7:00 p.m. The Commission will be meeting virtually; details about participating/watching the meeting are included in the agenda.
Regular Public Meeting
Monday, November 22, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://streetjustice-news.zoom.us/j/84214249196?pwd=c3E0bzJmMFpoQ1JwVWFtNmhsVkduUT09. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/UcTTVjGGCsw.
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
2. Administrative Items:
A. Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
B. Consideration and Approval of November Agenda
C. Approval of October Regular Public Meeting Minutes
D. Approval of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B Annual Report – 2021
E. Treasurer's Report
3. Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
4. Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
A. Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
B. Tamira Benitez, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
C. Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
D. Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
E. Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
F. Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
6. Presentation: Peter Rankin, Associate State Director, Advocacy and Outreach, AARP, AARP FitLot at Lamond Recreation Center (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
7. Consent Calendar:
Letter of Inquiry: Requesting Information Regarding the District Department of Transportation’s School Crossing Guard Program (Commissioner Palmer)
Letter of Inquiry: Requesting Underlying Data and Results of Traffic Safety Assessments Throughout Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Brooks, & Commission Yeats)
Letter of Inquiry: Documenting District Department of Transportation’s Lack of Response to Commission Resolutions (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Brooks, & Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-21-1101: Requesting Installation of Four-Way Stop Signs at Kansas Avenue, NW, and Madison Street, NW; Kansas Avenue, NW, and Longfellow Street, NW; and along 3rd Street Corridor from Missouri Avenue, NW, to Sheridan Street, NW; and Speed Humps Along 6200-6300 Blocks of 2nd Street, NW, and 100-800 Blocks of Sheridan Street, NW (Commissioner Tiffani Nichole Johnson & Jocelynn Johnson)
Resolution 4B-21-1102: Comprehensive List of All DDOT Concerns Within Single Member District 4B09 (Commissioner Huff)
Resolution 4B-21-1103: Supporting Construction of a Deck at 238 Madison Street, NW
(Application No. 20617) (Commissioner Tiffani Nichole Johnson)
Letter of Inquiry: Questions for Petra Development regarding Affordable Housing Commitments for Proposed Development at 6928 Maple Street, NW (Commissioner Palmer)
8. Presentation & Resolution 4B-21-1104: Supporting Special Exception for Retaining Wall at 840 Oglethorpe Street, NE (BZA Case No. 20590) (Commissioner Huff) (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
9. Presentation & Resolution 4B-21-1105: Providing Feedback on the Request for a Modification of Significance by The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation for Block B of the Art Place at Fort Totten (ZC Case 06-10G) (Commissioner Huff & Commissioner Yeats) (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, January 24, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Contact your Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner: ANC 4B01 Evan Yeats (4B01@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B02 Erin Palmer (4B02@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B03 Jocelynn Johnson (4B03@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B04 Brenda Parks (4B04@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B05 Graham Button (4B05@anc.dc.gov);ANC 4B06 Tiffani Nichole Johnson (4B06@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B07 Geoff Bromaghim (4B07@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B08 Alison Brooks (4B08@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B09 LaRoya Huff (4B09@anc.dc.gov)