DPW Service Level
The DC Department of Public Works (DPW) will “slide” household trash and recycling collections for the remainder of the week into Saturday.
• The Benning Road Transfer Station will be closed on Monday, February 20, but will be open on Tuesday, February 21 for approved Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) and Clean Teams only.
Residential drop-off will resume on Wednesday, February 22.
• The Fort Totten Transfer Station will be open on Monday, February 20 for commercial businesses.
• Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste Drop-Off will be accepted as scheduled on Saturday, February 25 from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
DPW is still collecting holiday trees and greenery curbside at the tree box or at the curb where there is no tree box from the front of only DPW-serviced households. Residents may also drop their holiday trees and/or greenery at one of two convenient locations from January through March 3, 2023.
• Benning Road (3200 Benning Road, NE)
• Guy Mason Recreation Center (3600 Calvert Street, NW)