Georgetown and Fox5 Open Public Registration for Live DC Mayoral Debate on June 1
The Georgetown University Institute of Politics and Public Service at the McCourt School of Public Policy (GU Politics) and WTTG FOX 5 DC will host a televised debate for Democratic candidates for Mayor of the District of Columbia. This event is co-sponsored by the DC Democratic Party and will be held in front of a live audience.
Registration to attend is now open to the public and priority will be given to Washington, DC residents. To register, or find out more information about the debate, visit www.georgetown.edu/DCdebate.
· Mayor Muriel Bowser (invited but has not confirmed)
· At-Large Councilmember Robert White (confirmed)
· Ward 8 Councilmember Trayon White (confirmed)
· Jeannette Reyes, FOX 5 (moderator)
· Tom Fitzgerald, FOX 5 (moderator)
· Mo Elleithee, Executive Director, GU Politics (moderator)
Wednesday, June 1, 2022, from 6:30-8 p.m.
Gaston Hall, on the third floor of the Healy Hall building
3700 O St NW
The event will be televised on FOX 5 and WDCA, and streamed online on FOX 5 and GU Politics social media platforms.
All attendees are required to follow the university’s public health guidelines. When RSVPing to attend please confirm your vaccination status. Up-to-date vaccination cards may need to be presented upon arrival to campus. Currently, all guests are required to wear a mask while indoors on the Georgetown campus.
Any candidate who met at least one of the following three criteria qualified for and was invited to participate in the debate, pending final confirmation they have also qualified for the ballot:
· Be certified as a "participating candidate" in the District's Fair Elections Program not later than via the May 10, 2022, Office of Campaign Finance Filing for Fair Elections Program participants, OR
· Secure 1,000 campaign donations by May 10, 2022, for Traditional Campaign Committees, OR
· Poll at 3% or greater in an independent public poll sponsored by a media organization released between February 1 and May 18, 2022.
Heidi Tseu | pronouns: she/her/hers
Associate Vice President for Local Government &
Community Engagement, Georgetown University
m: 202 680-4568 | @GeorgetownInDC