Notice of ANC 4B Virtual Public Meeting
Please see the embedded and attached agenda for the next public meeting of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B on Monday, October 26, 2020, beginning at 7:00 p.m. The Commission will be meeting virtually; details about participating/watching the meeting are included in the agenda.
Regular Public Meeting
Monday, October 26, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84214249196?pwd=c3E0bzJmMFpoQ1JwVWFtNmhsVkduUT09. Meeting ID: 842-1424-9196. Password: 964318.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842-1424-9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/IJNG8qn514A.
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
2. Administrative Items:
A. Consideration and Approval of October Agenda
B. Instructions regarding Participation in Virtual Meeting
C. Approval of September Regular Public Meeting Minutes
D. Treasurer's Report & Quarterly Financial Report for Q4 2020
E. Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
3. Presentation: Tesfalem Aim and Yvonne Thelwell, District Department of Transportation, Rehabilitation of Eastern Avenue (Commissioner Bromaghim - 10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
4. Presentation: Greg Matlesky, Bicycle Program Specialist, District Department of Transportation, Proposed Capital Bikeshare Station at Kansas Avenue and Longfellow Streets, NW (Commissioner Johnson - 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
5. Presentation: Julie Patton Lawson, Director, Mayor's Office of the Clean City, Pilot Project re Residential Trash Disposal (Commissioner Brooks - 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
6. Presentation: Petra Development, Proposed Development at 6928 Maple Street, NW (Commissioner Bromaghim - 10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
A. Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
B. Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon T. Todd (3 minutes)
C. Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
D. Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative Frazier O’Leary (3 minutes)
8. Consent Calendar:
Resolution 4B-20-1001: Supporting Proposed Capital Bikeshare Station at Kansas Avenue and Longfellow Streets, NW (Commissioner Johnson)
Resolution 4B-20-1002: Encouraging Best Practices to Assure Broad Inclusivity and Robust Participation in DC Government Hearings (Commissioner Palmer and Commissioner Johnson)
Letter to District Department of Transportation Regarding Improvements to Traffic Safety Assessment Process (Commissioner Palmer and Commissioner Yeats)
Letter to District Department of Transportation Requesting Traffic Safety Improvements on Butternut Street, NW (Commissioner Palmer and Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-20-1003: Requesting Installation of Speed Humps on 6th Street, NE, from Eastern Avenue, NE to Oneida Street, NE (Commissioner Brooks)
Resolution 4B-20-1004: Requesting Traffic Calming for the 5700 – 5900 Blocks of Eastern Avenue, NE (Commissioner Huff)
Resolution 4B-20-1005: Requesting Installation of Speed Humps on Dahlia Street, NW between Georgia Avenue, NW, and Piney Branch Road, NW (Commissioner Yeats)
9. Resolution 4B-20-1006: Establishing a Vision Zero Committee (Commissioner Yeats and Commissioner Brooks - 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
10. Resolution 4B-20-1007: Supporting and Providing Recommendations on B23-149, Fair Tenant Screening Act of 2019; B23-498, Intersectional Discrimination Protection Amendment Act of 2019; B23-195, Michael A. Stoops Anti-Discrimination Amendment Act of 2019 (Commissioner Palmer - 2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
11. Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
12. Adjournment Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, November 23, 2020, 7:00 p.m. Contact your Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner: ANC 4B01 Evan Yeats (4B01@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B02 Erin Palmer (4B02@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B03 Scot Knickerbocker (4B03@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B04 Brenda Parks (4B04@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B05 Perry Redd (4B05@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B06 Tiffani Nichole Johnson (4B06@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B07 Geoff Bromaghim (4B07@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B08 Alison Brooks (4B08@anc.dc.gov); ANC 4B09 LaRoya Huff (4B09@anc.dc.gov)
Erin Palmer, Secretary, ANC 4B
ANC 4B02 Commissioner