DPW Important Update
Vacuum leaf collection has started and will continue through January 30, 2021. Remember, paper bags are no longer required.
While the timely collection of leaves is a priority, so is the health and safety of our crews. We have a strict social distancing policy; therefore, we can’t use as many leaf blower crew members simultaneously as we’ve done in previous years.
Here are a few tips to help prepare for vacuum leaf collection:
• Move vehicles from curb lanes to help ease the leaf vacuum collection process;
• Rake leaves to the curbside or tree box at the front of the residence the Sunday before the scheduled leaf collection date;
• Remove all cans, bottles, sticks, toys and debris from your piles of leaves. These items can damage equipment and prevent safe and proper collection;
• Download MyDPW app to receive customized alerts about leaf collection in your neighborhood; and
• Call 311 (202-737-4404) or visit 311.dc.gov to open a “Leaf Season Collection” service request, but please wait until the last day of the designated collection in your neighborhood.